At Goodbye Tattoos, we give you comprehensive laser tattoo removal aftercare advice, to ensure quick healing and faster ink elimination. The tattoo removal process does not just stop after you have had the actual treatment.
Follow our tips below to reduce discomfort and speed up the tattoo removal process.
- Do not exercise for 24-48 hours post a treatment. The area will feel slightly tender post a treatment, so the last thing you want to do is aggravate or hurt the area.
- Avoid excessive heat to the skin. Whilst it is ok to shower 2 hours after a treatment, please avoid high-pressure hot showers, or soaking in a bath or sauna for at least 24-48 hours afterwards.
- Make sure to keep the area clean and dry during the healing process. A mild soap can be used and make sure to pat dry and do not rub
- Do not expose the treated area to the sun. If you must be in the sun for work or any other reason, please make sure to use a good sunscreen. We recommend Beachfox. For extra protection from the sun, use sunscreen and keep the area covered up with clothing.
- It is quite common to get blisters after a treatment. No cause for concern here as, it is all part of the healing process. Blisters are a sign that your immune system is healing the area and removal of ink has started. Let the body break the blister down naturally (as we don’t want to cause scarring or infection) and apply Stratamed (available in the clinic) or an antibiotic ointment after the blister has popped and keep the area covered up for added protection.
- For pain relief, you can take Paracetamol and it is best to avoid Aspirin as it can increase the risk of bruising or bleeding.
- Do not pick or scratch at the treated area. This is important as we do not want to scar the area or cause infection.
- Try to avoid shaving until the area has completely healed.
- If the treated area has that slight sunburn feeling, a cool compress can be used to ease discomfort.
- A few weeks after a treatment, as the area continues to heal, it may get itchy. This is all part of the healing process. To ease the itchiness, you can apply 1% hydrocortisone cream or a Vitamin E ointment.
Complete healing takes 6 to 8 weeks. It may seem like the surface of the skin has healed in a few weeks. The deeper layers, the Dermis, is still healing. This is why we wait at least 6 weeks before the next treatment.
Your immune system plays a huge part in the healing as well as the ink elimination process. Give your immune system a boost by getting rest, drinking plenty of water and eating healthy.
For any further questions about laser tattoo removal aftercare or for anything else, give us a call today 1300 74 50 74.
Image source: Bigstock.com
Comments are closed.